Are you new to stamping? Maybe you’ve stamped before but are looking for something quick and easy? In this post, I’ll explain the difference between The Kits Collection and Paper Pumpkin so you can decide which is right for you.
First, let’s talk about Paper Pumpkin.
Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription kit delivered right to your door. Each kit includes everything you need to make the project. Your first kit even includes a clear block for your stamps. Here are the pros and cons of the Paper Pumpkin Kits.
- It’s a surprise at your door step every month! We get a tiny preview of what will be in the kit or what it makes but in general, it’s a surprise.
- There’s a stamp set in every kit. This is s great way to build your stamp collection.
- There is an ink spot in every kit. And it’s never the same color in a calendar year. This makes paper pumpkin a great way to build your ink collection.
- It’s a subscription so once you sign up, you don’t have to think about it. Kind of like your Netflix or Amazon Prime accounts. It’s recurring every month but you can cancel or suspend at any time!
- Everything’s included! From stamps to ink to die cuts and embellishments. Every Paper Pumpkin is different, but always includes exactly what you need to make the project.
- It’s a surprise every month. If you don’t like surprises or knowing what the kit will be, this may not be for you.
- The Paper Pumpkin Kits aren’t always cards. Sometimes it’s a 3D project like a treat bag. And since it’s a surprise, you may not know until it arrives.
- It’s a recurring subscription. If you forget to suspend or cancel it, you’ll be charged and it shows up at your door.
- You must wait for the subscription period to end before your Paper Pumpkin is delivered.
Next, let’s talk about the kits collection.
There are 2 types of Kits. Card Kits and Crafting Kits. Some Kits include a stamp set while others have pre stamped, for cut pieces (usually the more affordable ones). Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the Kits Collection.
- Every kit and all the contents are available to view on Stampinup.com
- There are different kits added all the time!
- Everything you need to make the kit is included.
- No waiting! Once you order your kit, it will be delivered in the standard time frame.
- No recurring charges. Order once and your done.
- An easy way to get started stamping!
- Sometimes kits sell out fast and aren’t restocked.
- There is no set time when new kits are released. Meaning new kits are released whenever Stampin Up has them, not every month like Paper Pumpkin.
- Some kits may be too “basic” for avid crafters.
I hope this was able to help you out and discover the differences between The Kits Collection & Paper Pumpkin. Let me know which one is just perfect for you!
P.S both pre paid paper pumpkin subscriptions and kits from the Kits Collection make great gifts!
Get 4 free card tutorials when you subscribe to my email list! Click the button below to get started.